Shure recently introduced MOTIV™ digital products, a new plug-and-play microphone line suited for individuals looking to capture high-quality audio for vocal/acoustic recording, podcasts, YouTube videos, field recording, and more. The easy to use MOTIV products include four new Apple MFi (made for iPhone, iPod, iPad) Certified devices, including three condenser microphones and a sleek digital audio interface that can connect directly to any iOS device without additional adapters or connection kits. The MOTIV line features the MOTIV MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone, MOTIV MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone, MOTIV MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone, MOTIV MVi Digital Audio Interface, and the Company’s newest iOS app, ShurePlus™ MOTIV Mobile Recording App.
All Shure MOTIV microphones, as well as the digital interface, come with assorted DSP modes to ensure great sound. Designed to support entry-level users seeking better audio quality, MOTIV’s user-selectable DSP modes—speech, singing, flat, acoustic instrument, and loud— set audio parameters behind the scenes. By using DSP modes to specify what is being recorded, select models automatically adjust the audio processing by setting gain, EQ, and compression for the best recordings, every time.
“MOTIV tips its hat to the look and feel of Shure legendary products while offering the latest in modern technology and connectivity,” said Matt Engstrom, Category Director for Wired Products at Shure. “We created MOTIV products to be an easy way for anyone to record high-quality sound directly onto many mobile and USB devices. With high-quality microphones and advanced DSP, they are great sounding and flexible products that live up to the quality standards for which Shure is known.”
About MOTIV Digital Products
- MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone (MAP $99): The MV5 is ideal for recording vocals and acoustic instruments, or for use with Skype, and comes equipped with three DSP modes and a Micro-B to USB cable. Engineered for quick and easy portable use, the MOTIV MV5 has a built-in headphone output for real-time monitoring and the custom tuned microphone capsule provides best-in-class audio. The MV5 is available in green, gray, blue, red, and black (region dependent) and ships complete with a detachable desktop stand and integrated thread mount compatible with any 1/4 inch standard camera tripod. For $129 (MAP), the MV5 can be purchased with Micro-B to Lightning and Micro-B to USB cables.
- MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone (MAP $149): The MOTIV MV88 connects directly to any Apple iPhone, iPod, or iPad equipped with a Lightning connector to capture high-quality field recordings on the go. The mid-side microphone element is mounted to a 90-degree hinge with built-in rotation that allows for highly flexible microphone position, even in video applications. Five built-in DSP preset modes, plus 5-band EQ, stereo width control, and other advanced features are easily accessed through the free ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App.
- MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (MAP $199): Specifically engineered for high-quality digital audio capture, the all-digital MOTIV MV51 large-diaphragm condenser microphone seamlessly connects to any iOS, Mac, or PC. Equipped with five onboard DSP preset modes to provide optimal recording results, the MV51 includes the industry’s first touch panel control for quick access to gain, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The one-inch capsule element provides unmatched audio results, which are easily monitored in real-time through the built-in headphone output. The striking vintage design includes an integrated kickstand for desktop use and quickly adapts for use with any standard mic stand.
- MVi Digital Audio Interface (MAP $99): The MVi connects any XLR microphone or 1/4 instrument (guitar, bass, or keyboard) to an iOS device, Mac, or PC for seamless, high-quality audio capture. Equipped with the five built-in DSP preset modes, the MVi includes Shure’s unique onboard touch panel control for quick access to gain, phantom power, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The MVi is portable with a low profile footprint and durable construction. For $129 (MAP) the MVi can be purchased with Micro-B to Lightning and Micro-B to USB cables.
- ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App (Free): Designed for use with MOTIV Digital Condenser Microphones, the ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App for iOS devices allows real-time adjustments for the best performance. The easy-to-use interface includes selectable DSP preset modes, microphone gain adjustment, and an intuitive stereo width control that adjusts the microphone pick-up pattern for optimal results, depending on the sound source and surrounding environment.
MOTIV products record studio quality sound at 24-bit/48 kHz for clear audio in virtually any environment. Additionally, each product has passed Shure’s rigorous product testing to ensure durability.
The MOTIV product line will be available in summer 2015. For more information, please visit www.shure.com/motiv.