- Band Management
- Home Recording
- Live Sound
- Best Instruments
- New Music & Video
Looking to upgrade your studio? Performer just got THREE new sets of MX5 studio monitors from our friends at Sterling Audio, and we’re gonna give them to three lucky winners at the end of the month. Intrigued??
We’re searching for three winners to install the monitors in their studio, record with them during May/June, and report back to the mag in the form of video blogs, photos, a final write-up for the magazine and a completed track to debut online at performermag.com! Plus you’ll get to keep the monitors once you’re done telling us all about them. Cool, huh!
MX3: perfect for bedroom recording and laptop/mobile production.
MX5: ideal for small studios and serious home recording set-ups.
MX8: great solution for pro commercial studios and dedicated home studio environments.
For smaller studios where space is a premium, the Sterling MX5 Powered Studio Monitors deliver top-class audio quality and features in a smaller footprint. With dual-axis WaveGuidanceVH™ technology each bi-amped monitor is built for optimal wider-and-higher frequency dispersion, giving you clear, articulate sound even when listening off-axis. A 1” silk dome tweeter powered by neodymium magnets give the MX5 monitors a naturally smooth frequency response, while a proprietary 5” low-frequency driver cone offers superior damping to minimize sonic artifacts. This is how the MX5 achieves best-in-class efficiency and ultra-low distortion even when mixing challenging content. With a polished ebony finish and backlit Sterling logo, the MX5s will look as good as they sound in your studio environment.
• 5” Low frequency driver with proprietary cone design
• 4-Layer voice coil provides greater motor force for outstanding low-frequency performance
• 1” Silk dome tweeter features lightweight neodymium magnets
• 70 Watts of high-efficiency, low-distortion Class A/B amplification
• Bi-amp Class A/B design ensures superior transient response and natural bass presence
• Unique, dual-axis WaveGuidanceVH™ technology provides an ultra-wide sweet spot
• Rear port design reduces low-frequency turbulence and distortion
• High and low filters to custom tune monitors to your listening preference and environment
• Polished ebony front baffle with Sterling LED iconography for a striking look
• Studio grade internal components with protective electrical design
• Professional balanced XLR, 1/4” TRS inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs