Howdy Performer faithful!
We are planning a very special, dope-ass issue all about our favorite format: analog tape. That’s right, an entire issue dedicated to that glorious, magnetic bliss.
That’s where YOU come in. We need experts and guest contributors to write about a number of topics. If you or someone you know would like to lend a hand with any of the following, please email [email protected]
- Glossary of tape-related terms
- Modern tape plug-ins for recording
- Multi-track tape machine maintenance
- The cassette culture and modern tape revival
- Retro tape machine ads
- Tips for recording to analog tape in the studio
- 30 ips vs 15 ips vs 7.5 ips for recording
- Home stereo cassette deck information/buyer’s guide
- Tape releasing resources for bands/labels (tape duplicators, J-card insert printing, bulk tapes and cases, etc)
- Artists talking about their favorite tapes
- Brief timeline and history of magnetic tape recording and formats
- Consumer Guide to portable tape players/boomboxes/Walkmen, etc
- History of home taping and its effect on the industry through modern day