TASCAM Announces UH-7000 High Resolution Interface & Standalone Microphone Preamp
Many audio interface manufacturers strive to design products that help bridge the gap between studio-quality recording and home recording. TASCAM built the bridge: Meet the UH-7000 USB 4×4-channel audio interface and standalone microphone preamp.
TASCAM’s new HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) is an entirely new design for microphone preamps. Many interface brands boast about the quality of their mic pres, but none have the confidence to offer them for solitary use outside of the digital channels. The UH-7000 HDIA mic pres feature a fully-balanced signal path from input to output, an instrumentation amplifier architecture, and premium components to achieve a -128 dBU noise floor, 117 dB signal-to-noise ratio and 0.0009% THD rating. These measurements easily beat anything close to the UH-7000’s price range, providing the cleanest possible signal path for your music.
Dual-sided PCM4220 A/D converters capture your mic or line inputs at up to 192kHz/24-bit resolution. The temperature-compensated internal clock offers 1PPM resolution – better than stand-alone clock generators that sell for twice the price, and limiting jitters for clean recordings. When monitoring and line output, the UH-7000 coerces your audio through a Burr Brown DA converter for fluid and honest sound reproduction.
Even the highest quality microphone preamps are of no use if they don’t have a sufficient power source behind them. Another crucial component of the UH-7000 is its audiophile-designed power supply. An extra-large power transformer and other factors guarantee that all internal components work to their full potential. Most competing interfaces fall short in this category.
The unit itself is not only a figurative bridge between home and studio recording, but it is built like one too. With a solid aluminum structure, it’s easy to see that the UH-7000 means business. The knobs are meticulously calibrated for smooth, custom-tapered gain setting and the bright 20-segment LED peak meters accurately convey each channel’s true level. The device is equipped with (2) XLR balanced inputs with full +48V phantom power, (2) balanced 1/4” inputs, (2) balanced XLR outputs, and AES/EBU digital out. Work the fantastic preamps of the UH-7000 into your current recording/live setup, or plug this versatile interface into your computer and start recording.
Stop treading water between two worlds, and take the bridge to studio-quality recording with the UH-7000 USB Interface and Stand-Alone Microphone Preamplifier.
- Supports 24-bit/192kHz USB transmission and AD/DA conversion
- Support for Mac and Windows operating systems
- 4-in/4-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
- Burr-Brown PCM4220 AD converter
- Burr-Brown PCM1795 DA converter
- HDIA microphone preamps: –128dB EIN
- Thin film metal resistors with outstanding noise performance
- High audio quality film capacitors with low distortion
- Low-latency monitoring through the DSP mixer
- DSP mixer can be switched between multitrack and stereo mix modes
- DSP mixer enables independent adjustment of recording and monitoring levels
- Line or digital outputs can be selected using the DSP mixer
- DSP dynamics effects can be applied to inputs, outputs or the master (compressor, noise suppressor, de-esser, exciter, EQ, limiter/low cut)
- DSP REVERB (hall, room, live, studio, plate) send effect is perfect for monitoring when recording
- Link line function enables volume control of powered monitors
- Single-punch MIXER PANEL button
- Strong, highly-durable aluminum body
- Large INPUT level knobs enable precise adjustment of input levels
- Two 20-segment LED level meters
- Standard TRS headphones output jack – 45mW/channel output
- +48 phantom power supply
- Two balanced analog XLR jacks for both input and output
- Professional output specifications (maximum output level: +24 dBu)
- Two balanced analog TRS input jacks
- XLR digital input and output jacks support AES3-2003/IEC60958-4 (AES/EBU) and IEC60958-3 (S/PDIF) formats
- IEC AC input cable
- Half-rack size
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software, including Sonar X3, ProTools, Cubase and Live
- RoHS compliant