Shure Announces GLXD6 Guitar Pedal Receiver with Integrated Tuner Now Shipping
Shure Incorporated has announced that its GLXD6 Guitar Pedal Receiver with Integrated Tuner is now shipping. Engineered specifically for guitarists, the pedal receiver features an integrated tuner, easily integrates with any pedal board, and offers “tank-like” durability. The GLXD6 Guitar Pedal Receiver is a groundbreaking wireless product that combines the leading-edge technology of LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management with best-in-class intelligent lithium-ion battery rechargeability and unparalleled construction.
Shure GLX-D Digital Wireless Systems debuted at NAMM 2013 with traditional bodypack and handheld configurations, including vocal, headset, and presenter systems. The new pedal-board-mounted guitar receiver has a built-in chromatic instrument tuner with both strobe and needle tuning views to suit user preferences. The combined pedal tuner and receiver operate in the 2.4 GHz frequency band. Additionally, the foot switch enables shifting between wireless display and tuner mode with the option to mute or pass the audio signal while tuning.
“The most important attribute of a wireless system is its audio quality. GLX-D’s digital wireless technology is transparent, capturing every nuance of a guitarist’s sound from the attack through the sustain,” said Erik Vaveris, Category Director for Wireless Products at Shure. “With a rugged metal construction, the GLXD6 Guitar Pedal receiver was designed to survive the abuse of the stage. And the tremendous cost savings of the wireless transmitter’s intelligent rechargeable battery make it the perfect system for a guitarist.”
GLX-D Digital Wireless Systems utilize Shure LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management, a technology that seamlessly analyzes the RF spectrum to determine the best available frequencies, and automatically switches both transmitter and receiver to new channels should problematic interference be identified. Additionally, each GLX-D transmitter is powered by an intelligent lithium-ion battery for up to 16 hours of continuous use at full charge and can be quickly recharged in 15 minutes for up to 1.5 hours of use.
Key GLXD6 Receiver Features:
GLXD6 Single Channel Receiver (Guitar Pedal):
- Guitar pedal form factor for easy mounting and powering from pedal boards
- Rugged metal chassis design
- Built-in chromatic instrument tuner with strobe and needle tuning views
- Adjustable reference pitch (432-447Hz)
- Foot switch to shift between wireless display and tuner mode with option to mute or pass signal while tuning
- Operate up to 4 compatible systems in a typical setting, up to 8 maximum under ideal conditions
- Range: Indoors 100 feet typical, 200 feet under ideal conditions; outdoors 65 feet typical, 165 feet under ideal conditions
- Highly visible LED display
- ¼” output connector